Genetic counselor - Remote
We are looking for motivated and experienced genetic counselors with a strong interest in improving patient access, increasing genetic counseling efficiency, optimizing patient care and expanding their clinical counseling skills by providing clinical genetic counseling to patients via telehealth.
These individuals will work closely with the Director of Genetic Counseling Services, GC Team leads, Genetic Counseling Assistants and fellow clinical GC team members to ensure outstanding provider and patient experiences.
- Provide pre and/or post-test genetic counseling for all patient types across specialties via telephone and/or video appointments remotely.
- Help create and review Clinical Resource Summaries, templates and macros to help support the clinical practice needs.
- Provide training and support to fellow colleagues and graduate students.
- Maintain high patient and provider satisfaction ratings.
- Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling and ABGC certified (an maintenance required)
- Minimum of 3 years of genetic counseling experience required (preferably in direct patient care role)
- Experience in Oncology, Cardiac and/or Reproductive genetics specialties preferred. Interest in expanding into new specialty areas required.
- Genetic counseling licensure if located in a licensed state.
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a remote diverse clinical environment independently
- Ability to speak additional languages is beneficial, but not required.
- Preference will be given to GCs already licensed in one or more states.
- Preference given to GCs who may have flexibility to provide some evening or weekend availability.
- Full-time GCs preferred.
Please reach out with questions or submit your CV and letter of interest to be considered for a genetic counseling position with GeneMatters to: firstname.lastname@example.org