Gene Matters is seeking a dynamic and team-oriented Senior Accountant that is passionate about financial integrity, financial analysis and systems and processes to support growth. This will be the first hire within accounting & finance and will oversee the transition of the department from an outsourced function, to an internal dedicated department. This individual will report to the COO/CFO and will have a close working relationship with the clinical team.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for board and investor presentation.
- Prepare financial analyses, such as: monthly clinical metrics, monthly financial metrics, customer growth metrics, and ad hoc analytics. Some metrics will be run through dashboard-style reporting for real-time consumption.
- Oversee cash management, including: maintain account balances and bank statements, and manage payables and receivables.
- Manage year-end tax filings with our outside/independent tax firm.
- Maintains the general ledger, and has experience doing so within healthcare services.
- Assist with preparing and managing budgets.
- Oversee the outside HR firm which is responsible for processing payroll.
- Prepare the business for future financial audits, and assist in managing those future processes.
- Has a passion for self-development within financial reporting and seeks continual improvement within financial processes and structures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
- 10+ years of experience in accounting, with a preferred emphasis within healthcare services
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently, either in an office environment or remote setting.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.